I asked a few friends if they could help me curate a good reading list for members who are considering establishing a co-operative employment business. I was looking for advice on creating flat, consensual, non-heirarchical, non-coercive management structures.
Here are the responses that I got:
- Maverick (book) – thanks Anthony Green
- 3 Organizational Models To Decentralize Your Company – Radically by Joost Minnaar and co
- Laloux – reinventing organisations
- The Gore-Tex principles –
- The Human Face of High Value work – all thanks Andrew Curry of Next Wave Futures (who authored that last link)
- Worker Co-ops – Sanford Inst
- Heirarchy is over-rated – and First lets fire all of the managers from Harvard Business Review – all thanks to Chris Dillow
(I may periodically update this post).