Ipsos Mori’s broad range of current polling will make happy reading for UK Conservatives on all kinds of levels, though they are out of step with public opinion on the delay to the Covid inquiry.
- Economic Optimism Index at highest level since April 2015
- Government and Johnson’s net ratings for handling of pandemic best since last summer
- 8 in 10 continue to think vaccine roll-out going well
- Majority of Britons want COVID inquiry to begin this year
- Hancock more trusted than Cummings to tell the truth on government’s record – but Hancock’s personal ratings on the pandemic have fallen
On the question of the Covid Inquiry, the TUC have established a working group to co-ordinate campaigning for an earlier public inquiry as well as to establish joint union responses where they are possible.