UK immigration codes of practice for workers in film & TV

The home office page is useful here. Scroll down to see ‘Workers in Film & TV’.

The home office tell us if ‘key personnel’ (there is a definitive list – see the home office guidance) are listed but we don’t have the option to object to them. However there are others who we can challenge if they don’t meet some key tests:
The tests:

  • Resident Labour Test – is there suitable local labour?
  • Continuity – are they needed for continuity purposes
  • Going rate – are they being paid UK rates (i.e. Bectu rates)

The BFC have some useful guidance on this here.

This entry was posted in EU & Brexit, Migration & working abroad and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *