Bectu’s London Production Division branch representing people working in Hair, Makeup and Prosthetics has produced an excellent ‘College Pack‘ that includes briefings on ‘knowing your worth’, Film, TV, Theatre and Fashion sector roles and lots of other guidance that is useful to members starting out in the industry.
While we’re on the subject of branch websites, lots of other branches have one too.
- Animation & VFX: https://www.animvfxunion.com/
- Camera Branch: https://camerabranch.org.uk/
- Costume & Wardrobe branch: https://www.bectucostume.com/
- Grips Branch: https://www.gripsbranch.org.uk/
- Lighting Electricaans (Sparks Branch) – https://sites.google.com/view/sparksbranch/
- The Rough Assembly (PP&F): https://www.theroughassembly.com/
- Sound Branch http://www.soundbranch.org.uk/
There’s also the Jigs website covering the grading schemes from SFX, Riggers and Grips: https://www.jigs.org.uk/